Our mission is to make it ridiculously easy for anyone to issue, manage, and transfer experience-linked assets like concert tickets, airline miles, or in-game purchases. All without middlemen or walled gardens. To accomplish this goal, we’re building a new highly scalable, open-source, and decentralized blockchain on top of Monero, one of the most secure cryptocurrencies. Our founding team includes well-known leaders from the worlds of entertainment and blockchain, including: the co-founder of Ticketfly (sold to Pandora for $450m), the lead maintainer of Monero (a top ten, $2bn+ market cap cryptocurrency), and the leader of the digital agency behind stars like Carrie Underwood and Lil Wayne. Are you passionate about bringing blockchain to the masses? Do you want to help build open source software that millions of people will use? Are you excited to implement cutting edge blockchain technologies like Mimblewimble and Lightning Network? Do you check your ego at the door and fight for the best idea regardless of where it came from? If so, then we look forward to hearing from you. As part of the Mobile Development Team, you will work help build and maintain our best-in-class mobile wallet. You will report to the Head of Mobile Engineering. You will be working with our world-class design, mobile and engineering teams and will be responsible for ensuring that projects are shipped on time to world-class standards of reliability, performance and user experience.
- A Degree in Computer Science preferred
- Must have React Native Experience
- 5+ years experience in Android (Kotlin).
- Proven experience of delivering high-quality mobile applications, with an established portfolio of apps on the Play or App store.
- A proven ability to pay attention to UI detail and develop amazing, non-standard user experiences.
- A track record of open-source project contributions is a major advantage.
- Completely familiar with the publishing process on both the Google Play store and Apple App store.
- Comfortable with Github, Git, and agile development processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- GMT -2 to GMT +4 time zones are preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Published one or more applications to the Google Play app store with stellar reviews
- Expert knowledge of Gradle, Android SDK, and dependency injection as well as Android
- Studio and supporting tools such as Junit, SQLite.
- A passion for the Android platform – you consider it the best, use it yourself, and want tomake beautiful apps for it.
- Customer focused mindset, taking pride in creating an informative data-driven journey.
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with unit testing.
- Proficient with git.
- Organized, ability to be self-managed and able to collaborate across team.
- Agile / SCRUM experience preferred.
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial quick learner that’s self-directed and want to work in demanding,
- Fast-paced environment.
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation.
- Work with internationally acclaimed cryptocurrency experts and developers, a young, dynamic team
- Opportunities to attend, and even speak at, local and international conferences.
- A chance to work on an open-source system that will have a global impact
- This is a fully remote position – work from (almost) anywhere (EU timezones preferred).
- Competitive salary
Employer & Job Benefits: